At Chadwicks we know that vacations, regardless of how meticulous the planning was, can turn into a disaster in a moment, which is why you need to know that you have the best travel insurance South Africa offers.
Think of the following holiday travel scenarios:
- Your trip is cancelled prior to departure due to, for example a sudden illness, loss of travel documents, or a traumatic event
- Your journey is cut short due to an unforeseeable event
- You require medical treatment in a foreign country. The costs of such treatment and the cost of repatriation can be financially debilitating
- You become legally liable to a third party, following an accidental loss, whilst on foreign soil
- Your luggage is lost or stolen
Why take out Travel Insurance with Chadwicks?
A well structured travel insurance policy will cover the above eventualities, subject of course to the particular insurance policy contract terms and exclusions. The fact is that most travel insurance policies are usually sourced via your travel agent or credit card provider. In both instances, you seldom receive a travel insurance policy document or are advised of the policy exclusions. The reality is that every so often these policy exclusions only manifest when your claim is declined. Two common areas of complaints are travel insurance policies that exclude pre-existing medical conditions and repatriation following medical treatment to your home country.
Beware of Free Credit Card Travel Insurance
So beware, free credit card travel insurance or brochure type coverage may fall well short of the actual cover required when travelling. Rather consult a Chadwicks Risk & Insurance broker for the best South African travel insurance product and advice for your individual or business travel insurance needs.
Personal short term insurance policies are able cover eventualities like death and permanent disability, following accident to insured named persons.
This is facilitated by selecting a sum insured for the insured eventuality, on a named person basis,